Advertise Here

rachel making happy

- one day at a time

One of my aims for the new year is to spend at least thirty minutes a day during some sort of hand work---knitting, sewing, etc. So yesterday in preparation I organized my supply cupboard and inventoried my yarn, much to the frustration of a certain kitty who wanted nothing more than to "help."

My current project is to finish a sweater for my husband before his birthday later this month. It seems over the years I've always been knitting gifts for others that I never got around to making anything for him. Time to right that wrong! :-)

But once that sweater is done, I am turning back to an old cross-stitch that I started last winter and never finished. The project was given to me when my grandmother died two years ago, and I have a feeling she had it for many years too, possibly from back when my great-grandmother embroidered this tea towel.

I think one of the reasons I find this work so rewarding is its connection to the past, to my past. But it's also satisfying to create something beautiful and functional that will keep my special people warm or brighten their day. Best of both worlds. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment